Still not convinced about the value that trade conferences have to offer?
Well, here are 10 good reasons why you should consider attending/participating in a conference or trade event.
- Get together with other stakeholders in your industry and establish your profile.
- Showcase your product by exhibiting; or alternatively participate as a speaker or sponsor and build your brand.
- Sniff out what you competitors are up to and effectively position your product offering.
- Spot market trends and possible gaps and strategise accordingly.
- Conduct market research amongst your existing and prospective customers.
- Share your current challenges, learn new tips and access industry best practices.
- Trade media are likely to report on the event, providing you an opportunity for free press coverage. Make sure you stand out from your peers!
- Unify with other industry players to address sector wider concerns.
- Take your business or career a step further by identifying and connecting with the links you need e.g. new clients, suppliers, partners, distributors, financiers, promoters etc.
- Expand your business/professional network – you never know when that contact will come in handy!
- (And a bonus) Time away from the office re-energises you and gets your good juices flowing again.